Mama Kat and her Writer's Workshop to the rescue!
1. Here in the Bay Area of California we finally start seeing beautiful weather in late September/early October. Yesterday it was in the upper 90’s! I welcome this time of year before it cools down.
2. When it finally cools down, I love snuggling on the couch with my slippers and a cozy blanket.
3. Warm fires in the fireplace, which goes hand in hand with #2.
4. I have several scarves that I love to wear, so with the cooler weather comes the opportunity to wear them.
5. Let’s be honest – I have the whitest legs you’ve ever seen. We’re talking baby butt white. As if they had never seen the sun in their lives. Never mind the wearing of shorts all summer long – nothing does the trick! I don’t mind getting back to tights with skirts and pants all week long. I don’t blind people in those!
6. Say it with me: Starbuck’s Peppermint Mocha!
7. Halloween! Its fun planning the costumes and decorating the house and seeing the kids so excited about it all. I look forward to that every year.
8. Fall colors are something I enjoy. Not so much outdoors, because here in CA we go from brown to green to brown, but I love the oranges and browns and reds that come with the decorations and the clothing and the season. In my mind, when I think of fall, everything is tinged with these shades of autumn.
9. I’m a fan of good quality beer, and for some reason I shy away from the darker browns that I love during the summer. Summer seems like a Corona with lime kind of season, whereas fall brings back the Newcastle that I love.
10. Last, but not least, fall is the time that I plan most of my Scrapbooking event that takes place in January. Just this week I started working on it, and the event planner in me is overjoyed. (The tired Mom in me is less than thrilled, but I can usually shut her up with a little Excel spreadsheet time.) Making plans and seeing it all come together after the holidays – exhausting, but oh so fulfilling!
Happy Autumn Everyone!
you know, it never occurred to me that fall even happens in CA!
I loooove fall!! I am partial to the Pumpkin Spice lattes in the fall and the Peppermint Mocha around christmas!
YAY for FALL!! I love Starbuck's Peppermint Mocha and if you like pumpkin at all, you should try the Pumpkin Spice Latte...it TOTALLY rocks too!!!
I'm not a big fan of the pumpkin spice latte, but I have discovered that if it is half cut with the toffee nut flavor, it's DELICIOUS!! Try it sometime -- half TN & half PS. It's the flavor of fall!!
Post a Comment