I'm still a bit knocked out by that because I don't feel 40 on the inside. I'm not sure how old I feel on the inside, actually. I know I'm not stupid 15 or naive 25 -- I just know I feel young....ish. On the outside however -- that's another story.
When did the aches and pains become "normal?" And since when does a four mile walk with a friend leave my heel feeling bruised for weeks after? And what's the deal with spicy foods affecting my insides for like three days?? I used to have a stomach of steel! Now I eat a few jalapeño poppers and suddenly I'm popping Tums like they're candy.
Overall I suppose I shouldn't complain. Except for the aches (and weird weakness in my hands that makes me drop EVERYTHING), I can say that I basically have my health, as does the rest of the family. We keep busy and enjoy life, despite the constant of homework and housework. During February we had something to do and somewhere to be every single weekend, so Russ finally asked if March could be a non-social month. Our big plans for this coming weekend, amidst a big rainstorm, are Redbox movies and family time. I think we're all ready for some down time.
What were we up to that kept us so busy, you ask? Well I'll tell you!
- A trip to San Francisco led to the most delicious pizza I've EVER EATEN at a fabulous place called Capo's. I went to high school with the owner, who happens to make the best pizza on earth, and we have vowed to return as often as possible. On that same night we saw the band Guster at the Fillmore, which was a fantastic concert thanks to them being so talented and hilarious. Seriously, they played Frozen songs during intermission, which was one of three choices the audience got to vote for.
- An overnight trip to Monterey with my daughter over ski week, which included more yummy food, incredible Pink Berry yogurt and a new purse in my life that I am very happy with. We came across it in a window and kept going back to see if they would ever be open so that I could purchase it. When they finally did, the owner felt so badly about making me wait that she knocked more money off. I love a deal!
- A day trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium with friends, followed by dinner with friends and cousins, which was also followed by one of the best glasses of wine I've ever enjoyed while taking in a view of the moon on the ocean and three of my favorite people in the world. No complaints here!
- A Valentine cocktail party where the fancy drinks were cotton candy with dry champagne poured over it, and something with rum called a "leg spreader." Yeah. You read that right. I didn't actually try the latter, but I'll bet it was delicious! My friend always throws a great party and we had a wonderful time seeing old and new friends.
- A surprise birthday party for one of my dearest friends from high school -- she turned 40 this last week and we needed to celebrate. Her husband (my bff) set it all up and did a terrific job. Fun was had by all and I think she was genuinely surprised. Not an easy task!
Those are the highlights. If you're still with me, I will say goodnight. I just popped some Tums and I need to rest my heel. It's 9:07pm and I'm wrecked. Goodnight!