Here we go!
Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
* Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I love Pyrex bowls. A favorite past-time now and then is to go exploring antique shops in search of whatever random pieces they might have that I'd like. I haven't bought much, but the hunt is always fun. I told my mother-in-law about my interest, and she actually told her step-daughters about it, too. One of them found a set that I've always wanted in a shop somewhere in Minnesota. My MIL had her buy them, but when she found out how much it would cost to ship them, she put them in a closet instead. She tells me about them off and on -- apparently she can't bear to pay the same in shipping that she did in buying them. Holidays and birthdays have come and gone, and there they sit. Yay.
2. I desperately wanted to be a Marine Biologist when I grew up, but when I found out it was all "math and science" in school, I gave up the idea. It never occurred to me that I could probably have a job that still entailed working around dolphins or killer whales, which is was interested me to begin with. Now I'm an Executive Assistant and I work in a cubicle. Joy.
3. I have an eraser collection. My favorites include one that looks like a real Hershey bar, and the ones that look like Monopoly pieces. I haven't added to this collection since I was a kid, but it still sits in my hope
4. I sometimes forget just how tall I am. Then I see pictures like this, and I'm completely and utterly reminded.
5. If I could go back and re-do my wedding, I would do so many things differently! I regret my dress, my hair, my lack of bridesmaids and especially not including my best friend in the bridal party. (I didn't feel like I should push my guy friend on my husbands side, but now I wish I had just gone and done it. He did offer to wear a dress...) I had thought about a vow renewal on the beach, keeping it low key, either alone or with a few loved ones, but Hubby doesn't think there's any point. He's such a romantic.
6. I love Scrabble! Unfortunately, nobody ever wants to play, so I have a computer version of it and have Scrabble wars with my computerized opponent, Maven. At some point I usually call her names.
7. In high school I was heavily involved in the drama department for a couple of years. I performed in lots of shows, and have always looked back on those times as some of the best in my life. I'll post pictures sometime.
And now for who I'm tagging...
Ali at Home of the Lazy Dog
Rochelle at Whines and Wines
Lisa at A Ranch Girls Ramblings
Kimba at A Soft Place to Land
Gayle at Mom 3 Crazy Girls
Mom to 2 Boys at As We Relive Our Lives