Today I'm going to share with you a small peek into the life of the Executive Assistant. There are good days and there are not so good days. I haven't decided which one this is yet.
- Got up at 4am. Not so good.
- Left home at 5am and headed for Panera, which told my husband on the phone last night that they open at 5am. Good.
- Arrived at Panera at 5:15 only to find that they open at 6am. Not so good, AND, they're liars.
- Left Panera and hurried to Safeway where it was too early for fresh baked goods. Blurg.
- Bought muffins, croissant, bagels, cream cheese, oranges, grapes and raspberries. Added these to all of the stuff in my trunk that I bought the night before: yogurt, juice, chips and beer.
- Drove the rest of the way to work, where it was so early, the front door doesn't even open yet. Not so good.
- Got in through the side entrance, found a cart and hauled it out to my car. Loaded up, hauled it all inside. In new shoes. That are so big I have bubble wrap stuffed in the tip of one, and a target bag in the other, and they hurt. I now have band aids crammed in there, too. Crap!
- Set out the breakfast and was ready to finish my boss' presentation by 7am. Sweet.
- Finished the presentation, put out the coffee and exhaled.
- Found out at 8:30 that the boss isn't going to give the presentation after all. Come on!
And I did it all with a smile on my face and with a happy helpful attitude. Except for that moment in the hallway when I was swearing at my shoes, but nobody heard me, so I don't think it counts.
The highlights of my day today will be: decorating the Christmas tree in our lobby with other employees, and spending some company money on toys for our toy drive that starts tomorrow. I think we know what the low lights were. Isn't it nice that I can laugh at myself? I've always had that gift.