Here I am again -- playing catch up!
Sometime this weekend I'll post a more heavy update on life around here, but for now, I thought I'd share a little bit of this and that.
- The Biggest Loser challenge at work continues to go well. People are eating so healthy at the office it's insane. I've lost 15 pounds thus far, but I don't imagine I'm in the lead. Still, there's another five or six weeks to go, so we'll see how it goes. Next week we're doing a halfway mark weigh in, which will hopefully tell us where we stand.
- Someone hit my Camry in a parking lot! I didn't even discover it until I was home a few evenings ago. What is wrong with people? If you know darn well (and this person knew darn well) that you've hit a parked car, leave a note! (Preferably a note that has your contact info and insurance company -- haven't we all heard about the note that says, "I'm leaving this so that the people who saw me hit you will think I'm leaving you my contact information.") I'll find out soon how much will be involved with getting my front end fixed and my logo reattached.
- Today was Dr. Suess' birthday, which means the kids wore pajamas to school and had a "read in." Noelle was deeply disappointed to learn that she didn't bring her blanket and pillow like all the other kids in class. Apparently those directions were given out when she was home sick yesterday. She's feeling better -- and now I have it. We share at our house. Hopefully Charlie will remain the pillar of health that he has been.
- I have a new cell phone and I love it. I copied my brother and got a LG Env Touch. Thanks to the data plan it comes with I can now get email wherever I am. I was talking to a co-worker today about just how connnected we are so much of the time, and I confess -- I don't mind it one bit. There's something about being able to send a text or email or play a game of scrabble with someone even when I'm standing in line at Panera or suffering through a meeting. It's comforting in a way. I never feel alone or disconnected from the world. And it's not as if I can't ever be disconnected. All I have to do is turn off my phone or my iPod or my computer and there I am -- surrounded by silence. The choices are endless.
- Tomorrow is Friday -- you know what that means? I get to wear jeans to work. Isn't my life exciting?
Jeans to work - that's exciting to me! Oh wait, I get to do that every day! Exciting to me today was watching my step daughter and her dog watching a snail crawl along outside the living room door ... how's that for exciting?!
Post a Comment